A lot of hype has been surrounding the released date of the latest version of WordPress (the popular blog authoring tool) next week – on 10th June 2009 (though not officially confirmed). After testing out its Beta 1 and Beta 2, WordPress 2.8 is in fact better than 2.7.1 in terms of its functionality and user interface. Packed with various AJAX-enhanced tools, you don’t really need a third-party tool to manage your blog. Can’t wait for its release and I’ll be upgrading this blog once it’s out!
WordPress 2.8 Highlights
- Theme Browser and Installer
- Ability to add Custom Headers
- New drag-and-drop widgets admin interface and new Widgets API
- New ways to customize dashboard widgets
- Syntax highlighting and function lookup built into plugin and theme editors.
- Configurable Views on Management Pages.
- Faster Loading Admin Pages