Malaysia’s only integrated communications service provider, Maxis Berhad (Maxis), is the first telecommunications company in the country to partner with global security software leader, Symantec to offer Norton Mobile Security. The partnership will empower Maxis subscribers to protect their Android devices from digital threats and enable them to remotely locate, lock and even wipe data from a lost or stolen device.
Mobile phones are an integral part of consumers’ lives, with two-thirds of adults worldwide reporting they use a mobile device to access the Internet. However, one in three mobile device users have had a device lost or stolen, putting their sensitive information at risk. With Norton Mobile Security, Maxis Android customers will be able to protect their smartphone and tablet with one convenient solution.
T Kugan, Maxis’ Head of Digital Services, said, “With the rapidly growing number of smartphones and devices being offered in the market, there is a higher risk of device and data loss or theft. Our partnership with Symantec is an important step forward in our on-going efforts of building a robust mobile security ecosystem, and reaffirms our commitment to mobile security. The addition of Norton Mobile Security to Maxis Secure suite of security services helps us provide our customers with peace of mind and the much needed protection for their Android devices.”
“It’s no secret that people are using mobile devices more than ever in their daily lives, for everything from connecting with friends to paying for a cup of coffee,” said Eric Hoh, vice president, Asia South Region, Symantec. “As we use our mobile phones in new and innovative ways, we’re also putting sensitive information at risk, if the device gets lost or stolen. With Norton Mobile Security, we are making it simple for people to protect their Android smartphones and safeguard their data.”
Norton Mobile Security offers protection for Android devices and data for only RM1 a week or RM3 a month through features such as:
- Anti-Phishing Web Protection – Protects and reports malicious sites that may contain malware. Through this feature, users are protected from malicious websites that could try to steal your personal information.
- Call & Text Blocker – Allows users to block specific people or phone numbers so that users are not disturbed by unwanted calls and SMS.
- Lost Notice – In the event of a lost phone, allows users to send customised message to the person who located the device to have it returned.
- Remote Lock – Users are able to lock the device remotely via the web or SMS to prevent others from accessing the data and information on the device.
- Remote Locate – Pinpoints lost or stolen phones or tablets on a map to help users find their devices fast.
- Remote Wipe – Allows users to wipe data and information in the device, both of which are stored in the internal memory or external memory, via SMS or the web.
Maxis Secure suite of security services provides customers greater security through secure networks with 3G and 4G speeds coupled with affordable data plans for an optimal and safer internet experience. Maxis also provides additional services to secure customers’ devices such as Locker, a free personal cloud service to back up and retrieve lost data and device protection, which ensures stolen or damaged devices are replaced.
Pricing and availability
Maxis Android subscribers can easily enjoy the full benefits of Norton Mobile Security by subscribing to either weekly or monthly package. As an added benefit, customers who subscribe to Norton Mobile Security will enjoy a 1-month free trial from the time of subscription. To subscribe to Norton Mobile Security via Maxis UMB, dial *200# from their mobile phones and choose Maxis Secure. Alternatively, customers can subscribe via SMS. For 1-week protection, send ON NMS7 to 20088 via SMS. For 1-month protection, send ON NMS30 to 20088.
For further information on Norton Mobile Security, please visit http://malaysia.norton.com/norton-mobile-security/. Customers may also find more details on Maxis Secure at http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/secure/