China’s Huawei Ideos X5 which was released in April 2011, is one of the decent mid-range Android phones available in the market. Though Huawei may not be as famous as other Android phone makers such as Samsung or HTC, Ideos X5 is actually pretty good. It offers smooth experience when using the android apps but can be pretty slow launching heavier apps like games.
It a sharp display and comes with HD 720p video capture. The design looks sleek and professional but may lack the appeal of other smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S or even HTC Desire.
- 800 MHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM 7230 chipset
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 900/2100
- 512 MB RAM
- 4GB Memory
- Android 2.2.1
- 480 x 800 pixels, 3.8 inches
- Bluetooth, WiFi, microUSB
- MicroSD (expandable up to 32GB)
- Standby time: 380 hours
- Talk time: 7 hours
- RRP: RM899
If you’re looking for an Android phone at a cheaper price, then this is perhaps your choice.