Since Toshiba Malaysia is having its 25-year anniversary sale, I helped my friend to buy the Toshiba Qosmio F60 S530 laptop at a discounted price of RM3,799 (with Free 2nd and 3rd year parts and labour warranty). Manage to test out the laptop and this quick review will look at the main features of the laptop.
Well, let’s look at the specification first:
- Intel® CoreTM i3-330M processor 2.13GHz
- Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 32-bit
- 4GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM expandable to 8GB
- 15.6″ WXGA HD Clear SuperView LED Backlight TFT display
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT330M up to 1786MB total available graphics (ext 1GB VRAM)
- 500GB (SATA) with shock absorbers
- DVD SuperMulti Double Layer Drive (DVD ± RW/RAM)
- harman/kardon stereo speakers, 16-bit Stereo with Intel® High definition Audio Support
- BT V2.1 + EDR , Integrated 802.11bgn , 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit LAN
My first impression of this laptop is its screen resolution. I tested playing a DVD video and was impressed with its quality. It looks much different when I played the same video on my another laptop. This is perhaps due to Toshiba’s Resolution+ technology, which can upconvert videos and content in general with standard definition quality to near high definition level.
The Clear Super View HD display with LED backlighting also performs very well on games. In fact, the NVIDIA GeForce GT330M graphic processors makes it even more breathtaking. Tested it by playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in full quality, there is no lag at all when playing it. The only thing is that you’ll feel the heat after you played for sometime, but I guess this normal on all laptops.
Other features: Qosmio F60 also comes with SmartFace Face Recognition software for easy login (i guess many laptops are adding this. Not really needed actually) and Toshiba ConfigFree utility that facilitates wireless network configuration and online access via the embedded WLAN interface or via Bluetooth
As for the battery life, using it for normal usage like internet surfing while listening to music will last for about 2.5 hours. If you play HD movies, it would only last around 2 hours. You might want to get a 9-cell battery for longer usage.
Pro: High quality graphics and good performance
Con: Battery life and No other color choice. It only comes in “Brilliant Red”.