I guess the whole world is now paying their attention to Paul the Octopus who accurately predicted all Germany matches at the World Cup 2010 so far. He even predicted Germany’s defeat against Serbia during their group stage clash. However, there is also some interesting predictions being circulated around the net by using numbers, which I think it’s worthy of sharing. Just read on.
The world cup is already determined by the numbers….
1. Brazil won the World Cup in 1994; before that they also won in 1970.
Adding 1970 + 1994= 3964
2. Argentina won its last World Cup in 1986; before that they also won in 1978.
Adding 1978 + 1986= 3964
3. Germany won its last World Cup in 1990; before that they also won in 1974.
Adding 1974 + 1990= 3964
4. Brazil also won the World Cup in 2002; before that they also won in 1962.
Adding 1962+ 2002= 3964
5. Therefore if you want to know what nation is going to win the World Cup in 2010, you only have to subtract 2010 from the magic number that we have determined: 3964.
3964 minus 2010 = 1954…
In 1954 the World Cup was won by Germany!!!
Not at all scientific since it involves only these three previous champions excluding France’, Uruguay’s and Italy’s victories in previous world cup but it’s pretty interesting.
If Germany continue to play the way they played so far (with a little bit of luck as well), there is no reason why they couldn’t be the Champions again. Germany has always been a very disciplined and tactical team and with Joachim Löw as the coach, they played with more flair and attacking pace.
So what say you Paul? Haha